Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Heartache

Yall --

Being Valentines Day and all, I figured this would be a perfect time to write about my heart troubles. Too bad its medical and not emotional.
Ive always had issues with my heart/chest. When I was a kid I had a heart murmur, but it apparently went away. And now, as an adult, I have continual chest pains. Not the type that causes difficulty breathing, but the kind that gives me pause and makes me wonder whats going on. And yeah, its scary.
A few years ago Id describe them as very painful - like a pulled muscle - but occurring with great time lapses between episodes. Today, Id describe them as an annoyance, but happening with less time between them - perhaps once every other day, maybe once every three days.
Considering that I have had these for what amounts to forever, Im not in too great of a rush to get it checked out. However, considering my diet and my age, I should know better and at least go see whats up. Which brings up one other valid point to not going to the doctor... to paraphrase Jesse Ventura in "Predator"... "I aint got time to be sick."
Going to the doctor, and finding out that I need to be fixed, would require time off from work and a loss of income, which I cant afford. Literally. And I do realize the flip side to that, not going to the doctor and having a heart attack and dying would cause a permanent loss of income. Broke if I do, dead if I dont.
So for now, my solution has been to alter my diet. I no longer consume huge quantities of food. I still have the ability to, I still have the hunger to, I just control myself. My hope is that by doing this my "annoyances" will cease and Ill get back to feeling normal again. Well, normal for me anyway.

The timing is odd, but its time for me to end this and go get some food.

Hopefully Ill be here sometime in the future to write something else. If not... ?

-- DBW --

No comments: