Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My hero

Just dropping in for a quickie.

So, I return home from my Disneyland / Universal Studios trip and see that Jimmy Carter - our 39th President, author, volunteer for Habitat For Humanity, 2002 Nobel Peace Prize winner, etc etc etc, that Jimmy Carter - came out and verbally bitch slapped President Bush calling his administration... "the worst in history."

Hell yeah!!!

He went on...

"The overt reversal of America's basic values as expressed by previous administrations, including those of George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon and others, has been the most disturbing to me."
"We now have endorsed the concept of pre-emptive war where we go to war with another nation militarily, even though our own security is not directly threatened, if we want to change the regime there or if we fear that some time in the future our security might be endangered, but that's been a radical departure from all previous administration policies."
He also said Bush "abandoned or directly refuted" every negotiated nuclear arms agreement, as well as environmental efforts by other Presidents.
"The policy from the White House has been to allocate funds to religious institutions, even those that channel those funds exclusively to their own particular group of believers in a particular religion. As a traditional Baptist, I've always believed in separation of church and state and honored that premise when I was president, and so have all other presidents, I might say, except this one."

And about Britains support, specifically for the Iraq war, he said "I think the almost undeviating support by Great Britain for the ill-advised policies of President Bush in Iraq have been a major tragedy for the world."
And for Tony Blairs support of Bush he said he was "Abominable. Loyal blind. Apparently subservient."

That ol' peanut farmer gots some nuts on him, huh?

Aight, Ill write more when my vacation wraps up, and if you frequent my pictures, Ill have a bunch of new ones there soon too.

Until next time...

-- DBW --

(Update 1: After writing my peanut joke, I see that Steven Colbert of The Colbert Report "stole" it. Not word for word, but he did. What the heck man... what the heck?!)
(Update 2: Sadly, Mr Carter has backed off of the "worst in history" comment by saying it was "careless or misinterpreted." I guess his nuts are shrinking. Steal that one Stevie boy, steal that one.)

No comments: