Sunday, May 27, 2007

T-Rex and Noah walk into a bar.....

Me again --

In my daily travels around the net I run into a thing or two that I find interesting, and today was no different.
I do my best to avoid religion discussion, even going so far as to postpone publishing a blog I had written about the Bible, but this one is going to come close to rubbing people the wrong way and to that I say... whatever. Today Im looking through the net and I see this: http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN2621240720070526

Dinosaurs? On the Ark? Lets not even debate whether the Ark was real or not, for this discussion, lets say it was 100% legit... are you really gonna tell me that sitting on the bench next to a fluffy little bunny and Noah himself was T-Rex? Seriously, you gonna try and hand me that? And expect me not to laugh in your face?
And youre also gonna try and tell me that the Grand Canyon was formed in just a couple days instead of the time it actually took? Heck, according to them it didnt even take a week, that was just too long..... to form a gigantic hole in the Earth..... nope, it basically happened overnight.

Whatever.

Perhaps though, the scariest part of this story is the last two paragraphs: "A Gallup poll last year showed almost half of Americans believe that humans did not evolve but were created by God in their present form within the last 10,000 years." And "Three of 10 Republican presidential candidates said in a recent debate that they did not believe in evolution."

Half of America, including 3 presidential candidates, believe that a being that nobody has ever seen and whose existence is based on not even one single fact - no matter how small - just said "poof" one day and we all showed up. Wow. Just... wow.

Have your beliefs, I encourage you to, especially if they help you to lead a better life, but please, dont go handing me any of the crap that the people in Kentucky are trying to pull. Cuz really, honestly, I will laugh in your face.

-- DBW --

No comments: