Saturday, January 13, 2007

Sick and tired

You look like crap.

Are you tired? You look tired.

Are you ok? You dont look so good.

Those are just some of the comments I received this past week at work. And I probably deserved every one of them.
I cant really explain why though. I have my theories... well, a main theory anyway. For the first month or so after Christmas, my workload increases to unheard of proportions. Target, as a company, tries to recover from Christmas as quickly as they can, and while all the different sections of the store each have multiple and numerous people to get through this, I have one. Me.
I have nobody to fall back on. I have no help given to me. I have no help even offered to me. In fact, two weeks before Christmas I emailed every single management person in the store and told them that as soon as Christmas was over I would need ALOT of help. Not one of them even responded to my email.
So, my theory is that the workload and the stress has taken a physical and mental toll on me. A toll that is apparently visible to others.
Yesterday was probably the worst. No, yesterday WAS the worst. I dont really have any way to accurately describe what I was feeling cuz I never felt anything like this before. If I had to guess, Id say that it felt like I was on something. My body moved on its own, my thoughts werent sharp, I felt like I wanted to throw up, I felt like I wanted to pass out, and I felt like my heart was going to explode cuz it wouldnt stop beating so fast. To be honest, it was kind of scary.

This morning, I woke up at 11. For me, thats insane. I suppose its also my bodys way of telling me I needed to slow down for a minute. Ill listen. Until Monday.

-- DBW --

No comments: